FOAMULAR® 604 Ribbed
1.5 in. x 2 ft. x 8 ft. R-7.5 Channel Edge Insulation Sheathing
FOAMULAR® 404 and FOAMULAR® 604 extruded polystyrene insulations are specially designed for use in Protected Roof Membrane Assemblies (PRMA), where the insulation is placed directly over the membrane. The compressive strength of FOAMULAR® extruded polystyrene insulation provides the integrity needed for long-term roof performance. Extruded polystyrene is the type of insulation recommended for PRMA applications. Owens Corning offers four specific types of FOAMULAR® extruded polystyrene insulation for this use: FOAMULAR® 404 and 604; and FOAMULAR® 404 RB and 604 RB. Both the 404 RB and 604 RB extruded polystyrene insulations feature drainage channels running the length of the panel. These are excellent extruded polystyrene products.
- FOAMULAR® 404 and 604 XPS Rigid Foam Insulation products protect the roof membrane from physical damage, thermal stress and UV exposure in PRMA systems
- Designed for use directly with pavers, FOAMULAR® 404 RB and 604 RB XPS Rigid Foam Insulation products provide the support necessary for pavers while maintaining the drainage necessary to prevent moisture accumulation at the foam-paver interface
- Excellent long-term stable insulating performance with an R-value2 of R-5 per inch
- Exceptional moisture resistance, long-term durability
- Limited lifetime warranty — maintains 90% of R-value and covers all ASTM C578 properties
- GREENGUARD Gold Certified
- The only XPS foam with certifi ed recycled content— certified by SCS Global Services to contain a minimum 20% recycled content
- Will not corrode, rot or support mold growth
- Zero ozone depletion potential with 70% less global warming potential than our previous formula
- Lightweight, durable rigid foam panels are easy to handle and install
- Easy to saw, cut or score
Owens Corning’s FOAMULAR® extruded polystyrene insulation is an ENERGY STAR® qualified product.
Learn more about rigid insulation R values